98KUPD “DIRT DIG” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The 98KUPD – “Dirt Dig” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to listeners who are 18 years of age or older with a permanent residence in Arizona, stationed at a military installation or be a valid full-time student registered at a campus, university or educational institution within the same area. Void outside of Arizona, and where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC, 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85008 (the “Sponsor”), and Hubbard Radio, LLC, (collectively, the “Released Parties”), RideNow Powersports, any radio, television or other media companies located in the Phoenix area, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on January 4, 2017, at or about 6:00:00 AM Mountain Time (“MT”) and ends on January 25, 2017 at or about 7:00:00 PM MT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter to become a Qualifier. There are four (4) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Online: To enter via this method, visit 98KUPD.com, (“Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period, find and select the Contest page where you will find, complete and submit the online entry form to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. All Website entries must be received by 7:00:00 PM MT on January 25, 2017, to be eligible for the random drawing which will occur on or about January 26, 2017 where there will be one (1) Qualifier winner selected from among all online eligible entries received via this method of entry. Odds of winning via the Website method of entry depend on the number of eligible entries received; or
- On-Air: To win via this method, you must listen to 98 KUPD during the Sweepstakes Period each weekday between 6:00 AM MT and 7:00 PM MT, listen for the DJ to ask for the 8th Upon hearing the call-in prompt, the 8th eligible listener to reach the Station by calling 602.260.9800 will be deemed a Qualifier winner, for a total of 45 Qualifier winners via this method of entry. Odds of becoming a Qualifier winner via this method of entry depend on the number of listeners calling when the DJ asks for the 8th caller. Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this portion of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will not accept collect calls. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the Sweepstakes line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems which may or may not result from this Sweepstakes; or
- Retail Locations: To enter via this method of entry, look for the 98 KUPD Dirt Dig ballot box at various retail locations throughout the Phoenix Arizona area. To enter, hand print your complete name, address, telephone number and email address and deposit your completed entry form in the ballot box available at that participating retail location. All ballot box entries must be received by 7:00 PM MT on January 25, 2017 to be eligible for the retail location random drawing, which will occur on or about January 26, 2017, where ten (10) Qualifier winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible retail location entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning via the retail location method of entry depend on the number of eligible entries received; or
- Radio Remotes: To enter via this method of entry, attend one of the 98 KUPD Dirt Dig on-site radio remotes during the Sweepstakes Period. To enter via this method, hand print your complete name, address, telephone number and email address and deposit your completed entry form in the ballot box available at that participating radio remotes. All radio remote entries must be received the end of each radio remote event to be eligible for the random drawing, which will occur on or about January 26, 2017, where four (4) Qualifier winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible radio remote entries received. Odds of winning via the radio remote method of entry depend on the number of eligible entries received from all radio remotes occurring during the Sweepstakes Period.
Limit one (1) Qualifier prize per person/household during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Qualifier Event/How to Win Grand Prize: Each of the 60 Qualifier prize winners as determined as set forth in Section 3 of these Official Rules must then make themselves available at the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Series event located at the University of Phoenix Stadium and find the KUPD Booth no later than 2:45 PM MT on Saturday, January 28, 2017 (the “Event”). Once at the booth, each Qualifier must check in for inclusion in a Semi-Finalist Random Drawing. Then, at or about 3:00 PM MT on January 28, 2017 at the Event, Sponsor will randomly select fifteen (15) Qualifier entries who entered the Semi-Finalist Random Drawing. Each of the 15 selected will then become Semi-Finalists. MUST BE PRESENT AT THE EVENT TO BECOME A SEMI-FINALIST, FINALIST OR WINNER. The 15 Semi-Finalists will then move on to the “KUPD Dirt Dig” event at the Event where each Finalist must dig for “tokens” during a :60 scramble in a pile of dirt. The five (5) Semi-Finalists with the most tokens will advance and become Finalists.
The five (5) Finalists will then move to the final competition for a chance to win the Grand Prize. The Finalist who has the most tokens from the “KUPD Dirt Dig” will select a rider in the final heat of the supercross races of the Event who he/she believes will win the final heat. Then, the Finalist who has the second to the most tokens from the “KUPD Dirt Dig” will select a rider in the final heat of the supercross races of the Event who he/she believes will win the final heat. This process will continue until all five (5) Finalists have selected their rider. In the event of a tie, there will be a coin toss to determine which Finalist will select first from among any tying Finalists. The Finalist who accurately selected the winning racer at the end of the final heat will be deemed the Grand Prize winner.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – One (1) Grand Prize – A Suzuki RM-Z250 Motorcycle, VIN#: JS1RJ42C8G2101220 ARV: $7,699. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities. Any warranties and guarantees are strictly limited to the manufacturer’s. The Grand Prize winner agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding motorcycle ownership, including, but not limited to, those dealing with the registration, licensing and insuring of a motorcycle. License/title fee/CVR, administrative fees and sales and vehicle taxes are included in the prize. The cost of any changes or additions are not included and are solely the responsibility of the winner. Motorcycles described, displayed and/or pictured may not be the actual motorcycles awarded. Motorcycle prize recipient may be responsible for any additional title, taxes, license, insurance and registration fees associated with the prize motorcycle. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the specific prize is not available at the time of the awarding of the prize. The winner hereby represents, and Sponsor and the other sponsors rely upon such representation, that the winner (a) is familiar with and has knowledge of the risks, dangers, hazards and perils involved in the ownership and/or use of a motorcycle, (b) understands and acknowledges that the ownership and/or use of a motorcycle may be dangerous and may expose the owner and/or user to injury and liability, and (c) hereby fully assumes any and all responsibilities, liabilities and risks arising from, related to, or connected with the ownership and/or use of the motorcycle from the time the motorcycle is delivered to winner, including, without limitation, serious injury, temporary or permanent disability and death, regardless of the causes. WINNER ON BEHALF OF HIMSELF OR HERSELF, AS WELL AS HIS OR HER HEIRS AND ASSIGNS, VOLUNTARILY ELECTS TO ACCEPT ALL RISKS arising from, related to, or connected with the ownership and/or use of the motorcycle from the time the motorcycle is delivered to winner. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities for the Grand Prize.
Sixty (60) Qualifier Prizes – Two (2) tickets to the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Series at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ on Saturday, January 28, 2017 (must check in by 2:45 at the KUPD Booth at the Event to be eligible for a chance to win the Grand Prize). ARV: $53.50. Tickets are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the tickets. Transportation and parking are not part of the prize. Prize may not be sold on ebay, craigslist or any other third party site. Tickets are not transferable or substitutable and may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor is not responsible if the event is delayed or postponed.
The Prizes will be awarded only if the potential winners fully comply with these Official Rules. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. All local, state, and federal taxes on the Prize are winner’s sole responsibility. Winner must travel on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited. Taxes and fees are subject to change upon notice from Sponsor and are nonrefundable. The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. The Winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules.
- Claiming the Prizes: Upon Qualifier prize winner verification, as a condition of being named the official an official Qualifier prize winner, the potential Qualifier prize winner must claim his/her prize in person at Sponsor’s Studios at 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85008 during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Monday – Friday) within 5 days of winner verification. Failure to comply with any deadline set forth in these official rules shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a Qualifier Prize. To claim the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone when to join Sponsor at Rid Now Powersports to sign the required prize release documents and pick up the Grand Prize. If required by Sponsor, any winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to Sponsor including but not limited to, Active Military ID or DD214 (proof of discharge) and (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the Prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Arizona; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Arizona or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Arizona.
- Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, see the Website until February 26, 2017. For the name of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by January 31, 2017 to: Dirt Dig Sweepstakes Winner, 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85008.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC, 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85008.