KUPD-FM – HOLI-DEBT SWEEPSTAKES
- HOW TO ENTER/HOW THE WINNERS ARE CHOSEN: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Listen to KUPD-FM weekdays, Monday through Friday, during the 8:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. hours from Monday, January 8th, 2018, through 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 19th, 2018, excluding Monday, January 15th, 2018 for it’s an observed national holiday. The on-air talent will announce the hourly “keyword” for listeners to text in to KUPD-FM’s short code “97936”. Listeners will have until the end of that hour to text in to participate for a chance to become a winner. Or listeners can send an email to email@example.com which includes the “keyword” and a telephone number at which the person can be reached within that hour; listeners will have until the end of that hour to send the email with the correct keyword for a chance to become a winner.
From all eligible entries received for each hourly keyword from both text message entries and email entries, one (1) entry will be randomly drawn at the KUPD-FM Studios after the one (1) hour period ends for each keyword to become a winner. The winner will be called on the number taken from his/her text entry or email entry within fifteen (15) minutes after the one (1) hour period ends for each keyword. If the person whose name is randomly drawn does not answer his/her phone, the phone goes to voice mail or they are not understandable, he/she will not become a winner and an alternate winner will be randomly drawn from the eligible entries received. This process will continue until a person whose number is randomly drawn answers his/her phone. Non-winning entries for any keyword random drawing will NOT roll over into subsequent keyword random drawings.
Text message rates apply. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting a mobile text entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the mobile number is registered. The winner may be required to provide evidence that the winner is the authorized account holder of the mobile number associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and any applicable release. Limit one text message per person, per specific hourly keyword.
Limit: A listener may enter once per keyword, but may only win once during the entire sweepstakes period; one winner per household.
- CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE: Each winner must come in person to the KUPD-FM Studios, 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85008 during normal business hours within thirty (30) days of the day he/she wins the prize. Failure to meet this deadline will mean the winner has forfeited his/her prize and will be disqualified from the grand prize drawing event. When claiming a prize, the winner must prove he or she is the correct qualifier by presenting identification acceptable to KUPD-FM (i.e., state drivers license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If the winner cannot prove he or she is qualified to accept the prize, the prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of KUPD-FM.
- PRIZES: There will be up to twenty seven (27) winners. Each winner will receive a $500 Visa gift card. Each Visa gift card is valid for six (6) months from the date of activation and is subject to the policies, practices and procedures governing Visa gift cards.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each keyword.
A qualified winner must also meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 4 of these rules. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing the Prize Release, the winner accepts the prize in its entirety, and even if the winner does not use the prize or portions thereof, he/she will be responsible for all applicable taxes associated with all prize elements.
- ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 18 years or older to be eligible to participate and win prizes in this sweepstakes and must have permanent residence in Arizona, stationed at a military installation or be a valid full-time student registered at a campus, university or educational institution within the same area. You are not eligible to enter this sweepstakes if you or a member of your immediate family works for KUPD-FM, Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC or Hubbard Radio, LLC, or any of these companies’ parent or related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising agencies, or employees of other radio or television station in the Phoenix area, or their immediate families of any such person are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: Each winner must execute an affidavit of eligibility. Each winner (a) agrees to release and indemnify KUPD-FM, Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC and Hubbard Radio, LLC (including their officers, directors, employees and subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize(s), (b) agrees that no sponsors or agents have made any representation, warranty or guaranty relative to the prize, and (c) consents to the use by the sponsors of this sweepstakes for promotional purposes only of his/her likeness and/or voice and address (city and state) without any additional compensation. By participating in this sweepstakes, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to be postmarked by January 20th, 2018, to: Winners List, KUPD-FM, 98KUPD Holi-Debt Sweepstakes, 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85008.
Decisions of 98KUPD concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. Contest is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. 98KUPD reserves the right to change the prize values at any time. 98KUPD is not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these rules. 98KUPD is not responsible for problems accessing the website, or technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this sweepstakes. 98KUPD, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this contest, and refuse to award the Prize, if participant engages in any conduct 98KUPD deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the contest or detrimental to other entrants of the contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this sweepstakes. Participants agree that 98KUPD may void any part of the Prize that participant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that participant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of the Prize shall in no way prevent 98KUPD from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, cancellation of show, scheduling changes or any other causes which 98KUPD, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, 98KUPD reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest and select the Prize winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as 98KUPD may deem fair and appropriate.