KUPD – “Toyota Tacoma Big Red Road Trip” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility:The KUPD “Toyota Tacoma Big Red Road Trip” Sweepstakes(the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to listeners who are 21 years or older and a permanent residence in Arizona, stationed at a military installation in Arizona or be a valid full-time student registered at a campus, university or educational institution within Arizona. Void outside of Arizona, and where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC and its station KUPD, 1100 North 52ndStreet, Phoenix, Arizona 85008 (the “Sponsor”), Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc., Valley Toyota Dealers Association, Inc., Bass Pro Shops (collectively, the “Promotional Participant”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, (collectively with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), any radio, television or other media companies located in the Phoenix metropolitan area, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on July 9, 2018, at 12:00:01 AM Mountain Time (“MT”) and ends on September 9, 2018 at or about 11:59:59 PM MT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter:There are five (5) ways to enter for a chance to win a Qualifier Prize. Each Qualifier Prize winner also qualifies for one (1) entry into the Grand Prize random drawing (each a “Qualifier”):
(i) Facebook: To enter via this method of entry during the Sweepstakes Period, visit the 98KUPD Facebook page to find the Sweepstakes post and complete and submit the entry form to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. All Facebook entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM MT on September 9, 2018 to be eligible for the Facebook Random Drawing. This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering, you are providing the information to Sponsor, and not to Facebook.
HOW FACEBOOK QUALIFIER PRIZE WINNERS ARE SELECTED: Then, on or about September 10, 2018, Sponsor will randomly select ten (10) Qualifier Prize winners/Qualifiers via a random drawing, from among all eligible Facebook entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (“Facebook Random Drawing”). Sponsor will notify the Qualifier Prize winners/Qualifiers by email or phone on the day of the random drawing. If Sponsor is unable to reach any potential Qualifier Prize winner/Qualifier after making two (2) attempts, that potential Qualifier Prize winner shall forfeit his/her right to a Qualifier Prize and Qualifier, and an alternate may be selected, time permitting. Odds of winning via the Facebook method of entry depends on the number of eligible entries during the Sweepstakes Period.
(ii)98KUPD App: To enter via this method of entry, during the Sweepstakes Period, download the 98KUPD mobile app either by visiting www.98kupd.com(the “Website”) and clicking on the Mobile App page, or by opening the 98KUPD Mobile App. To enter, you must download the free 98KUPD Mobile App (the “App”) which can be found in the iTunes or Google Play store online. Once downloaded, open the App to register, and upon completion of your registration, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. If you have already registered, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the random drawing.
HOW APP QUALIFIER PRIZE WINNERS ARE SELECTED: Then, on or about September 10, 2018, Sponsor will randomly select ten (10) Qualifier Prize winners/Qualifiers via a random drawing, from among all eligible App entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (“App Random Drawing”). Sponsor will notify the Qualifier Prize winners/Qualifiers by email or phone on the day of the random drawing. If Sponsor is unable to reach any potential Qualifier Prize winner/Qualifier after making two (2) attempts, that potential Qualifier Prize winner shall forfeit his/her right to a Qualifier Prize and Qualifier, and an alternate may be selected, time permitting. Odds of winning via the App method of entry depends on the number of eligible entries during the Sweepstakes Period.
(iii) Toyota Dealer Locations: To enter via this method of entry, visit one of the participating Toyota dealerships listed in the chart below during the Sweepstakes Period, to find and complete the official entry form. Once you have completed the official entry form, submit the completed form at the receptacle at the local dealership to receive one (1) entry into the Dealership Random Drawing. Dealership entries must be received by the dealership business closing time on September 9, 2018 to be entered into the Dealer Random Drawing.
|Camelback Toyota||1550 East Camelback Road Phoenix, AZ 85014|
|Right Toyota||7701 E Frank Lloyd Wright Scottsdale, AZ 85260|
|Avondale Toyota||10005 West Papago Frwy. Avondale, AZ 85323|
|AutoNation Toyota Tempe||7970 South Autoplex Loop Tempe, AZ 85284|
|Bell Rd Toyota||2020 West Bell Road Phoenix, AZ 85023|
|Earnhardt Toyota/Scion||6136 East Autoloop Avenue Mesa, AZ 85206|
|Big Two Toyota of Chandler||1250 S. Gilbert Road Chandler, AZ 85286|
|Riverview Toyota||2020 W Riverview Auto Dr Mesa, AZ 85201|
|Larry H. Miller Toyota Peoria||8633 West Bell Road Peoria, AZ 85382|
|Toyota of Surprise||13543 N. Auto Show Avenue Surprise, AZ 85388|
HOW DEALERSHIP QUALIFIER PRIZE WINNERS ARE SELECTED: Then, on or about September 10, 2018, Sponsor will randomly select ten (10) Qualifier Prize winners/Qualifiers via a random drawing, from among all eligible Dealership entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (“Dealership Random Drawing”). Sponsor will notify the Qualifier Prize winners/Qualifiers by email or phone on the day of the random drawing. If Sponsor is unable to reach any potential Qualifier Prize winner/Qualifier after making two (2) attempts, that potential Qualifier Prize winner shall forfeit his/her right to a Qualifier Prize and Qualifier, and an alternate may be selected, time permitting. Odds of winning via the Dealership method of entry depends on the number of eligible entries during the Sweepstakes Period.
(iv) Station Appearances: To enter via this method of entry, attend a KUPD appearance on on the times, dates and locations listed on the KUPD website at www.98KUPD.COM/CALENDAR/EVENTS,(each, an “Event”). Once at an Event, find the entry form at the KUPD table, complete and submit the entry form at the ballot box available at the event to receive one (1) entry into the Station Random Drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person per Event. Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, misdirected, or stolen entries.
HOW STATION APPEARANCE QUALIFIER PRIZE WINNERS ARE SELECTED: Then, at the conclusion of each of the Station Appearances, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Qualifier Prize winner/Qualifier via a random drawing, from among all eligible Appearance entries received during that particular Appearance (“Appearance Random Drawing”). Sponsor will notify the Qualifier Prize winners/Qualifiers at the Appearance and by email or phone on the day of the random drawing. ENTRANTS DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN. If Sponsor is unable to reach any potential Qualifier Prize winner/Qualifier after making two (2) attempts, that potential Qualifier Prize winner shall forfeit his/her right to a Qualifier Prize and Qualifier, and an alternate may be selected, time permitting. Odds of winning via the Apperance method of entry depends on the number of eligible entries during the applicable Appearance.
(v) Listen & Text a Keyword: To enter via this method of entry,listen to 98KUPD each weekday at 8:00 AM MT, 11:00 AM MT, and 3:00 PMMT during the Sweepstakes Period (each, an “Hourly Entry Period”) for a Toyota Tacoma Big Red Road Tripkeyword to be announced on-air (each, a “Keyword”). Upon hearing the Keyword, you will have until the endof thatHourly Entry Periodto text the Keyword to 97936to receive: one (1) entry into that hour’s Hourly Entry Period. Or, or send an email with your complete name, telephone number, and the Keyword to: email@example.com the “Tacoma Big Red Road Trip” in the Subject Line of the email to receive one (1) entry into that hour’s Hourly Entry Period. All entries must be received by the end of each applicable Hourly Entry Period. Any entry that doesn’t contain a Keyword, or that is sent after the the applicable Hourly Entry Period expires will be disqualified and will not be eligible for that Hourly Entry Period’s random drawing. Limit one (1) entry per Hourly Entry Period, for a total of fifty-seven (57) entriesper person/email address/cellular number for this method of entry over the entire Sweepstakes Period.
HOW KEYWORD QUALIFIERS ARE SELECTED:One (1) Qualifier winner will be selected during each Hourly Entry Period via a series of random drawings, to be conducted by Sponsor, each to occur immediately following each Hourly Entry Period. The winner will be called on the number taken from his/her text entry or email entry within fifteen (15) minutesafter the one (1) hour period ends for each Hourly Entry Period. If the person whose number is randomly drawn and thereafter called does not answer his/her phone, the phone goes to voicemail, or they are not understandable, he/she will not become a Qualifier winner, and an alternate number will be randomly drawn from the eligible entries received. This process will continue until a person whose number is randomly drawn answers his/her phone. Non-winning entries for any Hourly Entry Period will NOTroll over into subsequent Hourly Entry Periods. Upon answering the phone, that person will be deemed a Qualifier, and will also win a First Prize.
TEXT MESSAGE RATES MAY APPLY.Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting a mobile text entry or email entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the mobile number or email address is registered. The entrant may be required to provide evidence that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the mobile number or email address associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and/or any applicable releases. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which may be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Finalist Random Drawing: Then, on or about September 9, 2018, Sponsor will randomly select twenty (20) Qualifiers to become Finalists from among all 97 Qualifiers. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Finalistswill be notified by phone/email on or about the same day as the random drawing.Failure to respond to the winner notification within 24 hourswill be deemed forfeiture of being named an official Finalist, and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining Qualifiers at Sponsor’s sole discretion, time permitting. Sponsor is not responsible for email notifications that are undeliverable or voicemail messages not received. The chance of a Qualifier being named a Finalist are 20 out of 97. In the event a Finalist was a Qualifier who only received a Qualifier Prize, then upon being named a Finalist, that person will also receive a First Prize.
- Grand Prize Event & Random Drawing:Then, on September 15, 2018 at the Comerica Theatre, just before the Alice In Chains concert (the “Event”) Sponsor will conduct a to-be-announced activity where Sponsor will randomly determine one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all twenty (20) Finalists. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.Upon announcing the winner’s name, that winner must then immediately confirm he/she is present at the concert to claim his/her Grand Prize. In the event at the potential Grand Prize winner does not claim his/her prize after the announcement is made, that potential Grand Prize winner forfeits his/her right to claim the Grand Prize (at Sponsor’s sole discretion), and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining Finalists, and announced at the Event. Sponsor is not responsible for any announcement that is not heard by the potential winner, or for any of cause whatsoever preventing or interfereing with the potential Grand Prize winner’s inability to claim his/her prize after his/her name is announced. Sponsor will select up to three (3) alternate Grand Prize winners, if necessary, and in the event Sponsor is unable to award the Grand Prize after those three (3) additional attempts, the Grand Prize will go unawarded and will remain the property of the dealership. of the chance of a Finalist being the Grand Prize winner from among all Finalists are 1 out of 20.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – One (1) Grand Prize – A 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad Truck VIN # 3TMCZ5AMZJM138420 ARV: $46,090.65ORIn lieu of the receiving the Truck as the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner may elect to receive a $25,000 check/cash. If the Grand Prize winner accepts the Truck as the Grand Prize, then the Grand Prize winner must accept delivery of Grand Prize from Sponsor, or as otherwise instructed by Sponsor. In addition to the Truck (or cash alternative), the Grand Prize winner will also receivethe following camping accessories from Bass Pro Shops: Cabela’s Polar Cap Equalizer 40 Quart Cooler; Ascend D10T Red/Black Kayak; XPS Stalker Backpack Tackle Bag; Johnny Morris Signature Series Spinning Reel; Bass Pro Shops Bionic Blade Micro Rod;Bass Pro Shops Hard Arm Folding Chair; Bass Pro Shops Eclipse Cabin Tent (fits 6 people); Rogue Expedition Bitterroot Sleeping Bag; and a $300.00 Gift Card. ARV of camping gear: $1,554.89.TotalARV (truck+camping gear): $47,645.5 ORTotal ARV (cash alt + camping gear): $26,554.89. PLEASE NOTE: The Grand Prize winner acknowledges and agrees that the Truck has been driven to various marketing events by Sponsor and Promotional Participants. Therefore, the Truck will have approximately 3,000 miles on the odomometer at the time the Grand Prize is awarded, and cannot be titled to the Grand Prize winner as a new vehicle. TheGrand Prize winner must accept delivery of Grand Prize from Sponsor, or as otherwise instructed by Sponsor. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance are the responsibility of Grand Prize winner including but not limited to taxes, title, insurance, license, and registration fees. Grand prize winner will be required to complete and return a W-9 form, affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release in form and content as required by Released Parties, and present a valid driver’s license and may also be required to present his/her social security card before prize will be awarded. Grand Prize winner will be issued a 1099 form reflecting the value of the prize and is responsible for paying all income taxes on the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding vehicle ownership, including, but not limited to, those dealing with the registration, licensing and insuring of a vehicle. License/title fees, administrative fees and sales and taxes are NOT included in the Grand Prize and are the Grand Prize winner’s responsibility. Vehicle described, displayed and/or pictured may not be the actual truck awarded. Vehicle prize recipient may be responsible for any additional title, taxes, license, insurance and registration fees associated with the prize. The winner hereby represents, and Sponsor and the other sponsors rely upon such representation, that the winner (a) is familiar with and has knowledge of the risks, dangers, hazards and perils involved in the ownership and/or use of a vehicle, (b) understands and acknowledges that the ownership and/or use of a vehicle may be dangerous and may expose the owner and/or user to injury and liability, and (c) hereby fully assumes any and all responsibilities, liabilities and risks arising from, related to, or connected with the ownership and/or use of the vehicle from the time the vehicle is delivered to or picked up by winner, including, without limitation, serious injury, temporary or permanent disability and death, regardless of the causes. WINNER ON BEHALF OF HIMSELF OR HERSELF, AS WELL AS HIS OR HER HEIRS AND ASSIGNS, VOLUNTARILY ELECTS TO ACCEPT ALL RISKS arising from, related to, or connected with the ownership and/or use of the vehicle from the time the vehicle is received by the Grand Prize winner.
Fifty-seven (57) First Prizes – Two tickets to Alice In Chains concert at the Comerica Theatre on Saturday, September 15, 2018. ARV: $110.00 each. The tickets are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the tickets. Parking and transportation are not included as part of the First Prize. Tickets may not be exchanged for any other show. Tickets may not be sold on Craigslist, eBay or any other third party site. Sponsor is not responsible for any concert that is postponed, delayed or cancelled for any reason. Winner and his/her guest acknowledge and agree that if any alcohol is consumed by the winner and his/her guests, such alcohol consumption is at the sole discretion and risk of the winner and his/her guest and the sponsors are not responsible for any cost, damages, liability or circumstances resulting from such alcohol purchases/consumption.
Forty (40) Qualifier Prizes– A $10.00 Sponsor-specified gas card. ARV: $10.00 each. Gas cards are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the card.
Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions, except as provided herein. The Prize winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. The Prize winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize. The Grand Prize winner will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize.
- Claiming the Prizes: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named the official Prize winner, each Prize winner must claim his/her prize in person at the Station, 1100 North 52ndStreet, Phoenix, Arizona 85008,during normal business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F) within thirty (30) daysafter being notified that the Prizes are available to be picked up. Each Prize winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting acceptable identification (g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification) and proof of insurance as required by law. If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the Prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness:By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Sweepstakes, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Arizona; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Arizona or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Arizona.
- Sweepstakes Winners/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, or the names of the Sweepstakes winners’, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by September 15, 2018 to: Winners List/Official Rules (designate which), KUPD Toyota Tacoma Big Red Road Trip Sweepstakes, 1100 North 52ndStreet, Phoenix, Arizona 85008.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC and its station KUPD, 1100 North 52ndStreet, Phoenix, Arizona 85008.