The staff at 98KUPD have an appreciation for those who serve without the thought of the sacrifice they make in their own personal lives. We continue living our lives knowing that they have our backs, no matter what.
Beginning Monday, September 16th, 98KUPD, Holmberg’s Morning Sickness and Modelo Especial will be extending our support by collecting troops wants/needs and shipping them out to the deployed troops serving at the Border and Overseas from our home state of Arizona. There are approximately 1,300 – 1,500 troops from Arizona deployed at this time.
Please join us in collecting the following items as they are some of the most requested necessities.
- Full-size wet wipes
- Crew length socks
- Disposable Razors (original packaging, 1-4 packs only please)
- Dental Products including: Full-size dental floss, Full-size toothpaste and a Toothbrush
- Lip Balm
- Travel-size foot/body powder
How you can help:
1. Join Eric each Thursday morning from 7am-9am as he covers the valley at local Safeway/Albertsons locations.
9/19 – Safeway 340 East McDowell Road in Phoenix 7am – 9pm 9/26 – Safeway 9101 East Baseline Road in Mesa 7am – 9am 10/3 – Safeway 3800 West Happy Valley Road in Glendale 7am – 9am
- 10/10 – Albertsons 1951 West Baseline Road in Mesa 7am – 9am
- 10/17 – Safeway 12320 North 83rd Avenue in Peoria 7am – 9am
- 10/24 – Safeway 1159 West Chandler Blvd in Chandler 7am – 9am
- 10/31 – Albertsons 6965 North Hayden Road in Scottsdale 7am – 9am
- 11/7 – Safeway 14175 West Indian School Road in Goodyear 7am – 9am
2. Join the Big Red Radio Wednesday nights for Bike Nights at the Tempe Marketplace and Thursday nights for Bike Nights at Westgate in Glendale.
Wednesday, September 18th at the Tempe Marketplace from 5pm-9pm. Thursday, September 19th at Westgate from 5pm-9pm. Wednesday, September 25th at the Tempe Marketplace from 5pm-9pm. Thursday, September 26th at Westgate from 5pm-9pm. Wednesday, October 2nd at the Tempe Marketplace from 5pm-9pm. Thursday, October 3rd at Westgate from 5pm-9pm. Wednesday, October 9th at the Tempe Marketplace from 5pm-9pm.
- Wednesday, October 16th at the Tempe Marketplace from 5pm-9pm.
- Wednesday, October 30th at the Tempe Marketplace from 5pm-9pm.
3. Drop of at the 98KUPD Studios M-F 8:30am – 5:30pm at 1100 North 52nd Street in Phoenix.
4. Purchase items directly from our Amazon ‘KUPDEPLOYMENT PACKS’ Wish List and have them shipped to the 98KUPD studios by Thursday, November 8th, 2018.
5. Donate your cash. We’re accepting your Cash Donations to help pay for packaging costs and the purchase of extra items needed to fill the boxes that are still a little light.
A special thanks to Lerner & Rowe Gives Back for assisting us with getting everything UGuys donate shipped out to our heroes.
Join us on Monday, November 11th (Veteran’s Day) from 6am – 10am for a packing party hosted at the 98KUPD studios. We’ll have food trucks on-site for our Veteran and Active Duty service members as well as those helping with the process.
If you have any questions or have a bulk donation you would like help with please contact us below or call the 98KUPD Studios M-F 8:30am – 5:30pm at 602.629.8660 and ask for the Promotions Department.
Photos from last years event including when the band Atreyu joined us to help pack.