98KUPD/Madden Tournament 2013 Contest Rules
The following rules apply to the 98KUPD/Madden Tournament promotion conducted by 98KUPD and Devastation at Stand-Up Live Sunday, January 20th, 2013 unless specifically noted otherwise.
1. 98KUPD contests are subject to all federal, state, and local regulations, void where prohibited.
2. Contests are open to legal residents of the United States, it’s territories, protectorates and commonwealths of 18 years of age or older on or before the official start date of the promotion or the listed date and time of the activity. Entrants must have permanent residence in Arizona, stationed at a military installation or be a valid full time student registered at a campus, university or educational institution within the same area.
3. Sandusky Radio is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged or mutilated entries, and shall void any entries that are mechanically reproduced, photocopied, facsimiles, electronically or physically tampered with, mutilated, illegible, or contain printing errors. One entry per person. One entry per household. Multiple entries from the same person or household will disqualify the contestant from the contest completely.
4. The tournament is designed for 128 participants to compete. 2 opportunities will be open for contestants to participate. One will be a pre-registration on www.98kupd.com. Pre-registration will be open as of Monday, January 7th at www.98kupd.com. The first 98 entries that conform to these rules will qualify to participate. Those entrants will be notified via email of their confirmed participation. The second opportunity will be the day of the contest at Stand-Up Live Sunday, January 20h at 12noon. All contestants must have a valid I.D. to participate.
All online qualifiers must be in attendance at the time of the start of the tournament at 1pm to be considered for the contest. CHECK IN STARTS AT 12NOON SO ARRIVE EARLY. If an online qualifier is not present at the time of the drawing their entry will be forfeit and another entrant will fill their spot.
Basic Game Ground Rules:
- Single Elimination
- One Player vs One Player
- Xbox 360
- Play Now Mode
- Default Disc Roster (Non-Updated Teams)
- Skill Level: All-Madden
- Playcall Settings: Gameflow
- Event Type: Exhibition
- Quarter: 2 Minutes
- Accel Clock On
- Weather: Clear
- If the players agree on a stadium it may be played, otherwise, the default stadium will be Cardinals (Closed)
- In the case of a tie in overtime, Sudden Death will determine the winner
- Players will have 2 minutes to set up controls, etc. at the start of a game
- Custom teams, etc. are prohibited
- Any action designed to disrupt the opposing players abilities, views or controls is prohibited (e.g., shaking, jiggling, looking left to right in rapid succession to shake the screen)
Breaking the rules or any form of misconduct will be grounds for forfeit and removal from the tournament
1st place: $500 Best Buy gift card, an Xbox 360 game console and console skin.
2nd place: $200 Best Buy gift card and console skin.
3rd place: $100 Best Buy gift card.
5. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, and/or likeness for advertising/trade without further consent or compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses on air and within www.98kupd.com in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
6. Odds of winning depend on number of entrants.
7. Employees of 98KUPD, Sandusky Radio, Inc., Stand-Up Live/Copper Blues, DEVASTATION, Coors Light, Miller Lite, local sponsors, their respective distributors, divisions and subsidiaries, licensed retailers, their immediate families and employees of the sweepstakes promotional partners are not eligible.
8. Contest winners may be required to visit the 98KUPD office during regular business hours and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release in order to obtain prize. Prizes not claimed within 15 days of notification will be forfeited and remain the property of 98KUPD.
9. Winners may be required to furnish positive legal proof of identification.
10. All prize winners must wait 30 days before being eligible to win another 98KUPD contest.
11. 98KUPD and their associated sponsors assume no responsibility for damage, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of prize or liability for unreceived prizes which are sent by mail.
12. No substitution or transfer of prize, except 98KUPD reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are accepted AS IS.
13. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
14. All submitted materials become the property of the radio station.
15. Decision of the judges are final.
16. 98KUPD reserves the right to revoke the prize if the winner does not meet any or all of these eligibility requirements even though it was announced over the air that such individual was the winner.
17. 98KUPD’s interpretation of the official rules of this contest shall be final.
18. 98KUPD reserves the right to change the contest and rules at any time. Such change will be accompanied by on-air announcements explaining the changes and reflected in an update version of the rules at that time.
19. Winner is responsible for personal items, activation, gifts, tax, additional transportation and miscellaneous out of pocket expenses involved with the said grand prize.
20. For a copy of the rules for any 98KUPD contest, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 98KUPD, c/o 98KUPD/Madden Tourney, 1900 W. Carmen, Tempe AZ 85283.