KUPD – Mike’s Comedy Connection Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The KUPD Mike’s Comedy Connetion Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to listeners who are 21 years or older and a permanent residence in Arizona, stationed at a military installation or be a valid full-time student registered at a campus, university or educational institution within the same area. Void outside of Arizona, and where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC and its station KUPD, 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85008 (the “Sponsor”), and Hubbard Radio, LLC, Mike’s Hard Lemonade Co., Stand Up Live, Tempe Improv, Citiscape Comedy, LLC (collectively, the “Released Parties”), any radio, television or other media companies located in the Seattle area, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on May 1, 2018, at 12:00:01 AM Mountain Time (“MT”) and ends on October 24, 2018, at or about 11:59:59 PM MT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes will be broken into twenty-four (24) weekly entry pools: (each, an “Entry Pool”). There are two (2) ways to enter:
- Text Keyword: To enter via this method of entry, visit any participating retail location in the Phoenix area to find the keyword on the Mike’s Hard Lemonade “Comedy Connection” case card (“Keyword”). Then, text the Keyword to 97936. Upon texting the Keyword, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into that week’s Entry Pool. Text message rates MAY apply. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting a mobile text entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the mobile number is registered. The entrant may be required to provide evidence that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the mobile number associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and any applicable release. OR
- Email: To enter the Keyword without sending a text message, send an email to email@example.com with the following information in the body of the email: First and Last Name, Email Address, Phone number, and the Keyword, and in the Subject line of the email, put “Mikes Comedy Connection.” Any email that does not have the proper subject line, or that does not contain a Keyword will not be included in the random drawing. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an email entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email is registered. The entrant may be required to provide evidence that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and any applicable release. Upon receipt of the email, you automatically receive one (1) entry into that week’s Entry Pool.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address per day, regardless of the method of entry. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Random Drawings: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winners on the Thursday of each week throughout the Sweepstakes Period beginning on Thursday, May 17, 2018 and ending on Thursday, October 25, 2018, from among all eligible entries received up until 11:59:59 PM MT the Wednesday before each random drawing day. All non-winning entries from any Entry Pool WILL be carried over to subsequent random drawings. Winners will be notified by phone/email on or about the same day as the applicable random drawing. Failure to respond to the winner notification within one (1) hour will be deemed forfeiture of the Grand Prize, and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining entries, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, time permitting. Sponsor is not responsible for email notifications that are undeliverable or voicemail messages not received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible up until the date of each random drawing.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – Twenty-four (24) Grand Prize (1 awarded in each weekly Entry Pool) – Four (4) tickets to the comedy show (“Show”) happening the Friday night of the applicable random drawing (Show time to be determined by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion) with reserved seats for winner and guests at the Mike’s Hard Lemonade VIP table; and a $50.00 credit for food and non-alcoholic beverages at the show. The show will either be at Stand Up Live located at 50 West Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003 or at Tempe Improv located at 930 East University Drive, Tempe, AZ 85281 (each, a “Show Venue”). ARV: $190.00. The winner must attend the show for the dates specified by Sponsor, or will forfeit his/her right to the prize. Prize does not include transportation or parking. The specific Show the tickets are valid for each week will be announced every Thursday during the Sweepstakes Period during the Holmberg’s Morning Sickness show on KUPD 97.9 FM between 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Alcohol is not part of the prize. Grand Prize winner’s guest must be at least 21 years of age or older. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions, except as provided herein. The Prize winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. The Prize winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize.
- Claiming the Prizes: Upon winner verification, each Prize winner must claim his/her prize in person at Will Call at the Show Venue on the night of the Show. Each Prize winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting acceptable identification to the Show Venue (g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; or valid passport). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the Grand Prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Sweepstakes, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Arizona; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Arizona or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Arizona.
- Sweepstakes Winners/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, see our Website. For the names of the Sweepstakes winners’, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 5, 2018 to: Winners List, KUPD Mike’s Comedy Connection Sweepstakes, 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85008.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC and its station KUPD, 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85008.