KUPD-FM – HOLMBERG’S MORNING SICKNESS “PLAYDIO” CONTEST
1. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
In order to enter, submit a CD or flash drive of you and your band singing an original song, written and performed by your band, along with the band’s bio, bands website/Facebook/twitter/instagram, track name, track length and band contact person with telephone number and email address. Entries will be accepted from 8:30 a.m. MST on Monday, November 10, 2014, through 10:00 a.m. MST on Thursday, November 20, 2014, or the date/time upon which KUPD-FM has received 30 entries, whichever first occurs. KUPD-FM will only accept the first thirty (30) entries received; once the thirty (30) entries have been received, submissions will be closed. Entries must be dropped off at the KUPD-FM Studios, 1900 West Carmen, Tempe, Arizona, Monday through Friday, during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.). Each entry will be date and time stamped at the time it is delivered. Limit: One (1) entry per band/person during the duration of this contest. Anyone submitting more than one (1) entry may be disqualified.
Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the sponsors may play their submitted CD on KUPD-FM, use it in promotional materials regarding this contest and/or on the sponsors’ websites. No submitted song/lyric may be defamatory, obscene, indecent, profane or otherwise offensive. Nor may any submission contain lyrics that are hateful, prejudicial or demeaning, or that glorify drug use, alcohol abuse, violence or hatred. The sponsors reserve the right to reject any submission they feel is in poor taste or possibly offensive.
The 30 entries/CDs will then be aired on 98KUPD between 5:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. MST on Friday, November 21, 2014, Monday, November 24, 2014, and/or Tuesday, November 25, 2014. No guarantee as to how much of s specific song/CD will be played on the air. If for some reason a track is damaged and not able to be played, the band will be removed from the contest.
2. HOW THE FINALISTS/WINNERS ARE CHOSEN:
a. How the finalists are chosen. Submit your entry as outlined in Paragraph 1 above. From the first thirty (30) eligible entries submitted, five (5) finalists will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of members of Holmberg’s Morning Sickness (John, Brady, Eric and Dick Toledo), in their sole discretion. Each submission will be awarded 0-10 points in each of the following categories: air worthiness, production quality and creativity/originality. The five (5) bands with the highest scores will become finalists. In the event of a tie, the Holmberg Morning Sickness team with the highest score in the creativity/originality category from among all tying bands will be deemed the finalist. The five (5) finalists will be notified on Tuesday, November 25, 2014.
b. How the first and second place winners are chosen. The five (5) finalists will then perform at Copper Blues Rock Pub & Kitchen, 930 East University Drive, No. 208, Tempe, Arizona, on Tuesday, November 25, 2014, at 7:30 p.m. The finalists must arrive at Copper Blues Rock Pub & Kitchen by 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 25, 2014. Any finalist(s) arriving after the competition has begun forfeits his or her participation in this contest and therefore his or her chance of winning a prize. Each finalist must come to the competition on Tuesday, November 25, 2014, prepared to perform two songs of the band’s choosing. From the five (5) finalists, a panel of judges consisting of members of Holmberg’s Morning Sickness (John, Brady, Eric and Dick Toledo) and one guest judge (to be determined), in their sole discretion, will determine the winners. Each band will be awarded 0-10 points in each of the following categories: live performance quality and positive crowd response. The two bands with the highest scores will become the first and second place winners. In the event of a tie, the band with the highest score in positive crowd response will be deemed the winning band from among all tying finalists.
Decisions of the judges are final.
Each band agrees that it may be disqualified immediately from the competition if the band (or any member thereof) commits any act or becomes involved in any situation that would adversely affect this contest, or tend to bring it into public disrepute. All performances must be done in good taste; no music or lyrics that the radio station considers to be offensive may be performed.
3. CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE: The prize will be awarded to the person who submitted the entry. The prizes will be awarded on Tuesday, November 25, 2014, at Copper Blues Rock Pub & Kitchen. When claiming a prize, the winner must sign all necessary paperwork as a condition of receiving the prize.
4. PRIZES: There will be two (2) winners in this contest. The following prizes will be awarded:
a. First Place Winner: $1,500.
b. Second Place Winner: $500.
A qualified winner must also meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 5 of these rules. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing the Prize Release, the winner accepts the prize in its entirety, and even if the winner does not use the prize or portions thereof, he/she will be responsible for all applicable taxes associated with all prize elements.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 18 years or older to be eligible to participate and win prizes in this contest; all band members must be 18 years or older. The band must be established and based in the State of Arizona. You are not eligible to enter this contest if you or a member of your immediate family works for KUPD-FM, Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC, Copper Blue Rock Pub & Kitchen and Evapeology, or any of these companies’ parent or related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising agencies, or employees of other radio or television station in the Phoenix area, or their immediate families of any such persona re not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
6. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: Each winner must execute an affidavit of eligibility. Each winner (a) agrees to release and indemnify Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC, Copper Blues Rock Pub & Kitchen (including their officers, directors, employees and subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize(s), (b) agrees that no sponsors or agents have made any representation, warranty or guaranty relative to the prize, and (c) consents to the use by the sponsors of this contest for promotional purposes only of his/her likeness and/or voice (including playing the CD submitted on KUPD’s website and/or on the air), and address (city and state) without any additional compensation. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules.
7. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the first and second place winners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to be postmarked by December 31, 2014, to: Winners List, KUPD-FM, Holmberg’s Morning Sickness “Playdio”, 1900 West Carmen, Tempe, Arizona 85283.
Decisions of the sponsors concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. The sponsors reserve the right to change these rules, as well as the terms and conditions of this contest, without notice. If the sponsors determine in their sole discretion that the integrity or fairness of this contest has been corrupted in any manner, the sponsors reserve the right to terminate the contest and to select a winner from among entries legitimately received prior to termination. The sponsors reserve the right to change the prize values at any time, or to substitute prizes of comparable value. Contest void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. The sponsors are not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these rules.