Here we are at the end of February and it's nearly 80 degrees outside on Sunday afternoon. Chances are that you've you been outside for most of the day beach cruisin' at Tempe Town Lake, riding your quads out in the middle of nowhere or soaking in some rays by the pool as you prep for the upcoming bikini season. Furthermore, this type of weather definitely warrants good company and even better spirits while you're jamming out to us on the radio. What the hell do I mean?
Unlike most of you who aren't reading this right now--only because you're enjoying the weather--I happened upon the website Drinkify.org that thematically chooses which booze you should be consuming according to which band you're listening to at the moment. Before I go any further, I want to say that Drinkfy doesn't get the type of drink correct with your favorite band if you're a music snob like me.
Say, for instance, you wanted to know what to drink while listening to Pantera? Well, every professional Pantera drinker knows that the drink of choice is Crown Royal and Coke (otherwise known as a Black Tooth Grin) while cannonballing to "Cowboys From Hell". According to Drinkify, you’re really supposed to be drinking Jack Daniels straight from the bottle.
Not that drinking Jack Daniels from the bottle is a bad thing (if that's what you're into), but Pantera fans might want to disregard even trying to match the perfect Pantera drink.
Let me put it this way: if you're a social drinker and just love to have good drinking company, this is how you thematically drink according to Drinkify.
How to Drink According to Drinkify.org
1. Hop into your Spotify or iTunes and create a five-hour über-awesome playlist that variates bands that your friends will likely enjoy OR log onto 98KUPD.com and get a list of bands that are in our playlist.
2. Log onto Drinkify.com and type in ten bands that are in your customized playlist.
3. Create a grocery list of the drinks that you will need for your party.
4. Make a mandatory rule that each friend you invite has to bring at least two large-sized portions of the drinks that are on your list.
5. Designate five bands in your playlist as “shots” bands and post them in a high-traffic area for everyone to see.
6. Start your playlist or listen to 98 KUPD at least one half-hour before your guests will arrive and get a head start.
7. Each time you hear any of those bands (the ones you designated in Step 5), the entire crew has to take a shot of whatever Drinkify suggests. Of course, if Drinkify designates a beer for a significant band, everyone at theparty has to either shotgun or chug the beer.
8. Eat delicious treats with BBQ.
9. Create havoc.
10. Repeat steps 7-9 for as long as you can stand before passing out.
Remember, when the party is over, don’t be an asshole and drink and drive. Drink responsibly and always designate a driver if you’re shitfaced. And yes, I’m being serious.