BRADY’s 80’s WEEKEND CONTEST RULES
98KUPD – “BRADY’S 80’S WEEKEND” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The 98KUPD “BRADY’S 80’S WEEKEND” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to listeners who are: (i) 18 years of age or older; and (ii) a permanent resident in Arizona, stationed at a military installation in Arizona, or a valid full-time student registered at a campus, university or educational institution within Arizona. Void outside of Arizona, and where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC and its station 98KUPD, 1100 North 52ndStreet, Phoenix, Arizona 85008 (the “Sponsor”), Ace Hardware, Traeger Grills, Guardian Garage Floors, Luckyman Productions (collectively, the “Promotional Participants”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, (collectively with Sponsor and Promotional Participants, the “Released Parties”), any radio, television or other media companies located in the Phoenix metropolitan area, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of any of the foregoing parties are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on May 28, 2021, at 5:00:01 PM Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) and ends on May 31, 2021 at or about 11:59:59 PM MST (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter during the Sweepstakes Period, listeners must register on the 98KUPD Stream Player at 98kupd.com(“Website”) or on their respective mobile device. Then, listen to 98KUPD through the Stream Player during the Sweepstakes Period, and for every ten (10) hours or more you listen through the 98KUPD Stream Player during the Sweepstakes Period, you will be eligible to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing.
- Random Drawing: On or about June 1, 2021, one (1) Grand Prize and five (5) First Prize winner’s will be selected in a random drawing, to be conducted by Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries that are received during the Sweepstakes Period. The potential Prize winners will be contacted via phone or email on the day of the random drawing. Winners must respond to the winner notification within 24 hours or that potential winner will forfeit his/her right to the Prize, and Sponsor will randomly select an alternate potential winner from among all remaining entries, time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – One (1) Grand Prize – A Traeger Pro 780 MFG# TFB78GLE grill; and a $3,000.00 gift certificate to Guardian Garage Floors. ARV: $3,999.00. Gift certificate is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions printed on the certificate. Winner must pick up the grill no later than June 30, 2021 or that portion of the prize will be forfeited and go unawarded. Grand Prize winner must book the garage flooring appointment not later than July 31, 2021 or prize will be forfeited and that portion of the prize will not be awarded. Five (5) First Prizes – Two (2) tickets to Steel Panther at the Marquee Theater on July 2, 2021. Tickets are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions printed on the ticket. Tickets may not be sold on Craigslist, eBay or other third party site. Seats at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Transportation and parking are not part of the First Prize. Sponsor is not responsible if the concert is postponed or cancelled for any reason. If the concert is cancelled, winner will not receive the concert tickets as part of the Prize. Limit one (1) Prize per person during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions allowed except that Sponsor may substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. The Prize winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. The Prize winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize. The Grand Prize winner will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release and a W9 tax form (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities for the Grand Prize, and by signing a Prize Release, the Grand Prize winner accepts the Grand Prize and is responsible for the applicable taxes.
- Claiming the Prizes: To claim a Prize, the potential winner may be required to sign and return the Release Forms (if applicable) to the Station via email or mail within thirty (30) days of receiving the Release Forms, or prize may be forfeited at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Upon receipt of the Release Forms (if applicable), Sponsor will assist the Prize winner with details on how to receive or claim the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, damaged, stolen or mutilated mailing of any prize. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Sweepstakes, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Arizona; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Arizona or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Arizona.
- Sweepstakes Winners/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, or the names of the Sweepstakes winners’, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by June 6, 2021, to: Winners List/Official Rules (designate which), 98KUPD Brady’s 80’s Weekend Sweepstakes, 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85008.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC and its station 98KUPD, 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85008.