DINERO DOUBLE DOWN CONTEST RULES
98KUPD – DINERO DOUBLE DOWN
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF AZ ONLY, WHO ARE 21 years of age or older.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The 98KUPD Dinero Double Down (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to listeners who are 21 years or older and a permanent residence in Arizona, stationed at a military installation in Arizona or be a valid full-time student registered at a campus, university or educational institution within Arizona. Void outside of Arizona, and where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC and its station 98KUPD, 1100 North 52ndStreet, Phoenix, Arizona 85008 (the “Sponsor”), Modelo Especial, Lerner & Rowe, Doughopkins.com, Mo Money Pawn (collectively, the “Promotional Participants”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, (collectively with Sponsor and Promotional Participants, the “Released Parties”), any radio, television or other media companies located in the Phoenix metropolitan area, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 8:00 AM Mountain Time (“MT”) on September 13, 2021 and ends at 6:00 PM MT on October 8, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter:
a. Text Keyword: Eligible listeners must listen to 98KUPD each weekday (Mon-Fri) during the 8:00 AM MT hour for the Dinero Double Down keyword to be announced on-air (each, a “Keyword”). Once you hear the Keyword, text the Keyword to 97936 to receive one (1) entry into that day’s random drawing. You will have to 9:00 AM MT the day the Keyword is announced to text that Keyword to 97936 in order to have a valid entry for that day’s random drawing. You must text in the correct Keyword as announced on-air for that entry to be deemed a valid entry. Any entry that doesn’t contain the correct Keyword, or that is sent after 9:00 AM MT the day the Keyword is announced will be disqualified and will not be eligible for the applicable day’s random drawing. Text message and data rates may apply. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting a mobile text entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the mobile number is registered. The entrant may be required to provide evidence that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the mobile number associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and any applicable release. Limit one (1) entry per person per Keyword. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, incomplete entries, including misspelled Keywords. Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Sweepstakes.
How the Text Keyword Winners Are Selected: Then, at or about 9:05 AM MT each weekday a Keyword is announced, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received in that day’s Keyword. Sponsor will then call the potential Grand Prize winner at the number used to enter via text message. In the event that potential Grand Prize winner does not answer the phone when called, or Sponsor is unable to understand the potential Grand Prize winner, or if there other issues, technical or otherwise, preventing Sponsor from verifying the potential Grand Prize winner when they call, then that potential winner forfeits their right to be a Grand Prize winner, and an alternate may be selected, time permitting. There will be a total of one (1) Grand Prize winner per weekday twenty (20) Grand Prize winners during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Non-winning entries from any random drawing will NOT roll over to subsequent random drawings. Odds of becoming a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during any that day.
b. QR Code: To enter via this method of entry, eligible listeners must visit one of the four (4) 98KUPD radio remotes at one of the following Circle K locations from 4:30pm–6:00pm MST during the following dates:
- 9/17/2021 – 1900 North Scottsdale Road, Tempe
- 9/24/2021 – 13051 West Glendale Avenue, Glendale
- 10/1/2021 – 3435 West Deer Valley Road, Phoenix
- 10/8/2021 – 3508 West Baseline Road, Laveen
Once there, sign up by scanning the displayed QR Code at the 98KUPD booth/table. Once you scan the QR Code, follow the on-screen instructions to complete and submit the entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person per day via this method of entry.
How the QR Code Winner Is Selected: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected via a random drawing from among all combined eligible entries from all four (4) radio remotes received, on or about October 11, 2021. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by email and/or telephone on or about the day of the random drawing. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Failure to respond to a winner notification within 24 hours will be deemed forfeiture of the Prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion, time permitting. Sponsor is not responsible for email notifications that are undeliverable or voicemail messages not received.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (ARV) – Twenty one (21) Grand Prizes (20 Grand Prize winner’s via the Text Keyword method of entry; 1 Grand Prize winner via the QR Code method of entry) – $1,000.00, to be awarded to winner in the form of a check. ARV: $1,000.00 each. The total retail value of all Grand Prizes in this Sweepstakes is $21,000.00.
No substitution allowed by any winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. The prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. Sponsor may substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value for any or no reason. Winner is solely responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize. The winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules.
- Claiming the Prize: In order to collect the Grand Prize, the potential Grand Prize winner must provide his or her mailing address to Sponsor, and will be required to also provide a liability and publicity release and W9 tax form (“Prize Release”), in the timeframe set forth by Sponsor. Upon receipt of the mailing address, and Prize Release, Sponsor will mail the Grand Prize to that winner. In the event the potential Grand Prize winner fails to verify their address or the Prize Release within the timeframe provided by Sponsor, they will forfeit their right to the Grand Prize, and an alternate may be selected, time permitting. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, damaged, stolen or mutilated mailing of any Prize. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, hurricane, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of public crisis requiring continuous breaking news coverage, Sponsor will post the Code Words on its website in lieu of broadcasting the Code Word on-air. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law:Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Arizona; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Arizona or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Arizona.
- Official Rules/Winners’ List: For a copy of these Official Rules, see the 98KUPD.com website until November 8, 2021. For the names of the Grand Prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by October 15, 2021 to: Dinero Double Down Winners List, 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85008.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC and its station 98KUPD located at 1100 North 52nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85008.